In addition to our excellent value, a variety of scholarships are available to you. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you would like to learn more.
Global Student Success Award of Excellence
UMass Boston GSSP is committed to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals. To recognize outstanding academic achievement and university engagement, UMass Boston GSSP provides a limited number of merit-based scholarships each semester to continuing students who maintain their enrollment in the GSSP. Scholarship applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and commitment to fostering intercultural understanding through their active engagement within the university community to be eligible.
The quantity and value of scholarships awarded each year will vary based on the number of quality applicants received and funds available. Scholarships will be applied towards tuition fees only.
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a UMass Boston GSSP scholarship or bursary from a partner institution, or had a scholarship or bursary from a UMass Boston GSSP partner institution withdrawn.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the UMass Boston GSSP partner institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must be in good academic standing, free of any probationary status or academic/student misconduct.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or UMass Boston GSSP partner institutions in any circumstances.
- The Global Student Success Program reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study.
- Commitment to fostering intercultural understanding demonstrated through active engagement within the GSSP and university community.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account
Notification of results
The scholarship panel will announce the recipients of the academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by email and the successful students posted on the GSSP website and/or social media platforms.
Students are required to apply for the scholarship by the posted deadline date each semester.
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for the program of study at UMass Boston Global Student Success Program. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
Note that the Family Bursary is not applicable for direct students. Both you and/or your family member would have to be in the GSSP program or in a program within the Navitas institutions.
- Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a Navitas institution.
- The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
- Previously did not receive a Navitas institution scholarship or bursary or had a scholarship or bursary from a Navitas institution withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.C
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student’s account each semester of study.
- The recipient will receive a family bursary based on tuition net of other scholarships and bursaries.
- The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
- Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program, or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas institutions.
UMass GSSP Bursary Partner Institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at Fraser International College (FIC), International College of Manitoba (ICM), Toronto Metropolitan University International College (TMUIC), Wilfrid Laurier International College (WLIC), Richard Bland College of William & Mary Global Student Success Program (RBC), UMass Boston Global Student Success Program (UMB), and Queens College Global Student Success Program (QC) in North America.
In addition to the North American Navitas member institutions, Navitas member institutions are located in colleges and campuses across the world.
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application forms can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the UMass Boston GSSP partner institution or Navitas Ltd.