College of Science and Mathematics
Why Study Science and Mathematics
From Computer Science to Information Technology and Engineering to Mathematics, UMass Boston offers a wide variety of disciplines spanning the sciences and engineering.
Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP: 3 Semesters*
27-30 credit hours applied from Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP towards 118 credits.
*Note that this is only a sample of the courses offered during the Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP programs. For other sample courses, see below.
Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP: 2 Semesters*
28 credit hours applied from Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP towards 118 credits.
Note: Course availability may vary semester on semester, and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students’ eligibility to take certain classes will depend on Math Placement score and Writing Assessment results. Students are encouraged to complete their placement exams and register for classes prior to arrival. Those who do not complete these steps prior to arrival may find that classes become full, in which case the student will have to wait until a subsequent semester to complete those courses.
Progressing to UMass Boston
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Minimum 27-32 credits (10-course modules) earned during Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP
- 27 credits = 9 courses
- 32 credits = 10 courses
- 120 credit hour program
- 27 credit hours applied from Undergraduate UMass Boston GSSP
- 93 credit hours remaining towards a degree
UMass Boston College of Science and Mathematics Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Biochemistry (B.S.)
- Biology (B.S.)
- Chemistry (B.S./B.A)
- Computer Engineering (B.S.)
- Computer Science (B.S./B.A)
- Electrical Engineering (B.S.)
- Engineering Physics (B.S.)
- Environmental Science (B.S./B.A)
- Information Technology (B.S.)
- Mathematics (B.S./B.A)
- Physics (B.S./B.A.)
- Additional select majors. Please visit College of Science and Mathematics Departments and Programs for a complete list.
- Computer programming
- Computer systems analysis
- Computer systems designer
- Database administration and design
- Technical specializations